Gabriel Connection TechnologyTM Licensing
OEM customers who want to adopt the GABRIEL Connection Technology™ as their solution for establishing secure connections using secure domain names within their products can purchase a technology license. VirnetX has developed GABRIEL Connection Technology™ Software Development Kit (SDK) to assist with rapid integration of these techniques into existing software implementations with minimal code changes.
The SDK consists of object libraries, sample code, testing and quality assurance tools and the supporting documentation necessary for a customer to implement our technology. These tools are comprised of software for a secure domain name connection test server, a relay test server and a registration test server.
- Secure domain name registrar: We provide the software suite and technology support to enable such customers to provision devices with secure domain names and facilitate secure connections between registered devices. This suite includes the following server software modules:
- Registrar server software: Enables customers to operate as a secure domain name registrar that provisions devices with secure domain names. The registrar server software provides an interface for our customers to register new virtual private domains and sub-domain names. This server module must be enrolled with the VirnetX secure domain name master registry to obtain its credentials before functioning as an authorized registrar.
- Connection server software: Allows customers to provide connection services to enrolled devices. The connection services include registration of presence information for authenticated users and devices, presence information query request services, enforcement of policies and support for communication with peers behind firewalls.
- Relay server software: Allows customers to dynamically maintain connections and relay data to private IP addresses for network devices that reside behind firewalls.
Customers will be required to pay an initial license fee to purchase an SDK license and a royalty fee for every product shipped with the embedded VirnetX GABRIEL Connection Technology™ code module. Please click here to see the published royalty rates and guidelines.
We plan to offer a diversified portfolio of service offerings focused on securing real-time communications over the Internet, including:
- Secure domain name master registry and connection service: As part of enabling the secure domain name registrar, we will maintain and manage the secure domain name master registry. This service will enroll all secure domain name registrar customers and generate the credentials required to function as an authorized registrar. It also provides connection services and universal name resolution, presence information and secure connections between authorized devices with secure domain names.
- OEM Technical support services: We intend to provide high-quality technical support services to licensees and customers for the rapid customization and deployment of GABRIEL Connection Technology™ in an individual customer’s products and services.
Customers planning to offer Secure Domain Name registrar as a service to their customers for generating secure domain names, will need to sign a service revenue sharing agreement in addition a technology license agreement.
Please contact us by email if you would like to obtain more information about obtaining a technology license.